Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1QlW0R57d NEVAH A Maine Bluegrass Band, Progressive in Nature with Blistered Fingers

Monday, August 22, 2011

NEVAH A Maine Bluegrass Band, Progressive in Nature with Blistered Fingers

Okay, being a Maine Bluegrass Band does have it's advantages. And I wasn't going to bring this up, however, the other day I was practicing several Nevah tunes so long and hard that I actually got two blistered fingers. I don't know if it was the constant repetition or the blistering pace at which I was playing that caused the blistered fingers, could have been. And then, (please bear with me on this one) it occurred to me, that the BLISTERED FINGERS 37th Family Bluegrass Music Festival is happening this coming weekend, and I realized that Nevah, as much and as hard as we practice probably won't get asked to play there, evah.

Why …

… because we are actually one of the only Progressive NewGrass bands in Maine and our instrumentation, our music selections and original pieces fall slightly outside the strict Maine Bluegrass genre required to appear at Blistered Fingers festivals.

Eric Brown's Congas and Snare

Phil Pitula's Bass

Oh well, that still won't stop us from practicing hard and fast, Nevah will just have to find other venues and/or hold our own performances in theaters so we can do our Nevah thing. Well, back to my metronome, got get faster, and more precise.


Nevah Rockin' Pelletiers Family Restaurant
Jack and Ed Driving sounds at Pelletiers

Hal the Nevah Banjo Guy - keeps a' practicin'

Hal
Nevah Banjo Guy


No comments:

Post a Comment