Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1QlW0R57d Comments overheard pertaining to Mike Dow's NEVAH Article

Friday, January 20, 2012

Comments overheard pertaining to Mike Dow's NEVAH Article

Leave it up to Ed Russell our on the ball NEVAH lead Vocal, Sax and Flute guy to overhear important and pertinent comments pertaining to Mike Dow's recent Maine Edge NEVAH Article (that's Mike Dow of Mike and Mike from Kiss 94.5). 

Ed thought he'd share some of the comments he heard with Mike, and Mike was kind enough to pass these comments along to the rest of the band. So, we thought we'd share them with you, the fans of NEVAH.

Way to stay on top of things Ed …


Mike,
Some feed back on your article:

“ If Dow likes’em  they must be ok”

“I don’t know from music, it’s all the same since ABBA broke up, so I just do whatever Mike Dow says in that arena. I pay a lot of very smart people from a lot very expensive institutions. My people tell me he is a ‘tastemaker’ and that I’m safe with him.”

“Like, life is so dangerous, ya know. We could go any minute with cancer or something. That’s why I don’t gamble with my music. For me and my crew, it’s Mike
Dow, stone genius”

“ Not so much Carrie or Salem’s Lot , but a lot of the more recent stories are based on ideas originally inspired by a real  guy who just called himself ‘Mike Dow’, a local celebrity sort of like a cross between Hunter Thompson  and  Eddie Driscoll. He did this radio show for years where he pretended he was two guys named Mike, called it Mike & Mike, but you never saw the other guy, like in the Parent Trap with Hayley Mills or the Patty Duke show. He was amazing and way ahead of his time.”  

“His hand is on the pulse of this city, like a young Richard Chamberlain George Clooney on ER ”

“His hand bestows the touch of the Almighty on all it graces”

“I don’t know where his hand is, but Mike Dow just makes me feel better (about my musical choices).”

“Let me break it down for you, muttonhead. In this town, Dow can make or break a band, it’s that simple. Now come on back inside and we’ll find a safe place for you to get the help you need. ”

“I’m sorry, Ralph. Eloping with you to get married is all I’ve  dreamed about since that first night, but Mike Dow says I should  go to this concert in Brewer Saturday night. How about Sunday?”

“So this Dow guy writes this one article and all of a sudden we’re the hottest thing around,  packed houses every night. Everybody in the business wants a piece of us. Oprah, Conan, Ellen, Charlie Rose, Rosie Greer, Hal Greer, Hal Kemp. It’s outrageous. The music’s better, the songs are better. Everything is just better, you know. And the wives are eating it up. If we’d  had half a brain we would have saved a lot of practice and driving to every grange hall in creation for free and just kidnapped Dow until he wrote one of those stories he does. But, like Mike  Dow says “ Better late than Nevah.”

1 comment: